Friday Links

Friday, August 28, 2015

photo credit: A Kristin Runs Through It

We gave notice to our landlord this week and scheduled our U-Haul moving box. We'll be indoor camping for a few days before we fly to Indy and for another few after we arrive, but we saved literally thousands of dollars by doing it this way. Now all we have to do is pack.

I just started reading Beyond Belief by Jenna Miscavige Hill. She is the niece of current Church of Scientology leader David Miscavige. She also blogs about life with her family in Southern California here.

I made the decision to ditch hormonal birth control a few months ago for my health. I've been tracking my basal body temperature every morning, but Elliott has already chewed up or stomped on two thermometers. Yesterday, I found Wink, a basal thermometer that syncs to a tracking app on your phone, which then does all the charting for you. It's available for pre-order and you bet I ordered one. More on my experience with natural birth control to come.

This is Elliott's new favorite song. He requests it be played everyday when we drive home, on loop.

We're trying out a reward/chore chart this week. We started last night with brushing teeth, and I think it worked? The promise of a sticker to put on the chart certainly made Elliott more cooperative and I didn't have to do the usual wrestling match to get ten seconds of tooth-brushing in. He opened his mouth wide and let me thoroughly brush his little chompers. He also got a sticker and a chocolate coin for using the potty before bed, but we're waiting to try full potty training (again) until after we move. I printed this chart from Pinterest to keep on the fridge.

Elliott and I are going to the library and the beach tomorrow. Lane has Sunday off, so we'll sleep late while Elliott binge watches Mighty Machines and maybe go for a swim in the afternoon.  See you next week!

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!